RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 25, 2009

Utah Visit Part 1

On Wednesday May 13th I flew out to Utah for a visit. I hadn't been to Utah since last June so I was way over due for a visit. My mom picked me up at the airport and I was hungry for some Cafe Rio so on the way to Orem we stopped and had a huge salad and burrito. The best part about going with my mom is that we share everything so I get the best of both worlds. I also got a horchata - I need to find someplace in Florida that makes this great drink! We visited for a while but we had an early breakfast plan and I was tired so it was off to bed.

Thursday morning we woke up and went to pick up Grandma Davis for a breakfast meetup at One Man Band Diner. This was my mom's birthday present from Grandma. We met with my Aunts Barbara and Carolyn for a good old fashioned talk/catch up session. As we were sitting there, my Uncle Scott stopped by too. So I got to see quite a few members of my family and catch up on all the goings on in their lives. It was also fun to share some show and tell items that I brought - mostly school items and some pictures of Bruce and I.

After breakfast we took Grandma home and visited some more. I got this great picture of Grandma Davis and I thanks to my mom. I love my Grandma so much. She is my inspiration for going back to school and I owe her a lot for being such a great example. I know if I set my mind to do something I will accomplish it.

After saying good bye to Grandma, mom and I packed up her Jeep and headed down to St. George for the weekend. It was a long drive but we never once listened to music - we talked the whole drive down. Yes we had a lot to talk about! I don't think I have done so much talking in one day in forever. On the way done to St. George we stopped for some squeaky cheese or cheese curd at the Beaver cheese factory. It was warm and squeaky. I love cheese. I could never give it up. Our first stop in St. George was for Nielsen's Frozen custard. I ended up with a chocolate scoop since I love it fresh made. It was the perfect treat to cool off and pick me up for a quick trip to the jewelry store - M&S Turquoise. My mom has been shopping here for years and it is always fun to go and see the beautiful jewelry. I was careful not to buy anything the first trip because I knew we would be back and I wanted to think about it. After checking into our hotel (mom's timeshare) it was time for dinner. I had pizza on the brain and most importantly- Papa Murphy's pizza. After getting our pizza we settled in to watch the season finales of Earl, Parks and Recreation, Office (Pam is prego! what a twist!) and 30 rock.

All week long I had been keeping a secret from my mom. She thought Mike and Becky were going to come to St. George on Friday but they had decided to come on Thursday night and suprise her. So in perfect timing fashion their is a knock on the door at 9:07 and suprise it is Mike and Becky. We ended up staying up till after midnight talking and catching up. It was so good to see them and my mom is always so happy when she is with both of her children.


  1. You are so good to keep a surprise! I am bad at that. So fun!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.